Thursday, February 7, 2013

Be Mine: A Valentine's Day Tutorial


I hope you guys enjoy this girly valentine's day look. I loved the way it came out, this is definitely the look I'll be rocking valentine's day. If you re-create this look tweet me a picture I would love to see your take on this. Well without further to do let's get started! :)

Products used on the eyes:
  • Elf Eyelid Primer
  • Profusion (Peach, Taupe, and Burgundy)
  • L.A Colors eyeliner  in Black 
  • The ColorWorkshop Mascara
Products used for the face:
  • Hard Candy Perfecting Primer
  • Elf Tinted Moisturizer
  • Elf Pressed Face Powder
  • Elf Bronzing Powder
  • Color Workshop Palette (Pink Blush)
  • Maybelline Loose Powder in Light (Highlight)
Products Used for the lips:
  • Color Workshop Lip Liner in Pink
  • Wet n Wild Just Peachy
  • BH Cosmetics Lipgloss in Studious
Brushes Used:
  • The Color Workshop Eyeshadow Brush
  • Elf crease brush
  • SOHO Blending Brush
  • SOHO Liner Brush
  • Elf Stippling/Blending Brush
  • Color Workshop Contour brush
  • Color workshop blush brush
Get The Look:
  • Apply your face primer before you start to apply your eye-shadow primer that way it would have sunken into your skin and your will be ready for you to apply your foundation. 
  • Apply an eyeshadow primer or if you don't have one apply a concealer and go over it with a bit of powder.
  • Using an eyeshadow brush I applied a shimmer peach eyeshadow on the lid, don't go past the crease this is gonna help make it look like a cut-crease.
  • Now apply a Taupe  into the crease using a crease brush. Then apply a burgundy color in the outer corner blending in the Taupe color and blending it out above the crease. Make sure not to get these colors on the lid.
  • Taking a small angled or liner brush I applied some of the burgundy eyeshadow under my lower lash line.
  • Blend the colors for a seamless transition.
  • Now apply a highlight under the brows. The one I used was a bit lighter than my skin tone. I also applied some in the inner corner and blended into the lid color.
  • Now begin to line your eyes. This look is perfect with winged out liner, and since I pretty much suck at that, I took a dark brown eyeshadow and began to map out how I want my liner to look, and then I just traced over it with black eyeliner. 
  • For the waterline I applied a blue liner this step of course is completely up to you, you can use a different color or just opt for a black or white eyeliner instead.
  • Apply mascara and falsies if you desire.
  • Apply your face makeup. 
  • Taking a contour brush and elf bronzing powder begin to contour your face, place it at the hollows of your cheek, temples, both sides of your nose (optional) and along your jaw line. This of course if optional and it will make your face appear slimmer.
  • Now using your blush brush begin to apply a pink blush to the apple of your cheeks. 
  • For the lips I lined them with a pink lip liner, then added a peach lipstick and went over it with a pink lipgloss to make it a bright almost barbie like pink.
Tutorial

3 comments:

  1. Hey I nominated you for the Liebster Award, check out my blog for the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute make up! Love the blog. can't wait to see more posts
    xo

    ReplyDelete