Monday, January 20, 2014

My foundation routine for a flawless face

Hello my lovely angels, today I'm going to be showing you how I achieve a flawless face using drugstore products. I have an oily face so hopefully this well help other girls who have an oily/combination face. I know how annoying it is when we apply our makeup looking hot and hours later we look like a hot oily mess. So allow me to show you have I do my foundation routine and share tips to help you look a like movie star through out the day.



Products used:

  • Too Faced Primed and Poreless face primer
  • Dollar Tree Milk of Magnesia
  • Revlon Color Stay liquid foundation Oily/Combination in 370 Toast Hale
  • Wet n Wild Coverall Concealer Stick
  • Elf Blot Sheets
  • Elf Pressed Powder in Honey
  • Bh Cosmetics Contour and Blush palette
Brushes Used:

  • BH Cosmetics Foundation Brush
  • Elf Powder Brush
  • BH Cosmetics Blush Brush
  • Elf Mini Stippling Brush
  • Crown Deluxe Contour Brush



*So starting off you are going to want to make sure you've washed your face and even apply some moisturizer! Yes, that's right you must moisturizer your face even if your face gets oily. I would suggest going with an oil-free moisturizer. 


*Now once your skin has soaked up that moisturizer, your going to want to apply a primer. I usually start off with applying a primer that helps minimize pores, I usually just apply the on my nose. Then I apply Milk of Magnesia all over the rest of my face using a foundation brush. Once the m.o.m has dried to a white mask that's when you're ready to apply your foundation.


*Now that your face is and primed and ready it's time to apply your foundation. I use the Revlon Color Stay Foundation in Toast Hale. I tap the bottle on my CLEAN hand and use a stippling brush ( Elf powder brush) to apply my foundation. I feel a stippling brush definitely gives an airbrush kind of effect and helps the face look flawless. Make sure to blend onto your neck and into your hairline.

*Now your just going to apply some concealer onto areas that need some coverage, I usually don't do that since this foundation does give an amazing coverage. However, I will use a lighter concealer to highlight under my eyes, down my nose, cupid's bow, chin and forehead. I blend it all out with my finger.

*Before you apply powder, this is probably like a really important step. You must, and I repeat must blot your face. This will help absorb excess oily from the foundation and concealer and this also helps makes your foundation last a lot longer! 

*Finally we are going to apply powder to the face. I usually use a small brush and my bh cosmetics contour and blush pallet and apply the second lightest color onto the areas where I highlighted. I then use a small stippling brush to apply face powder onto my face.

*Now to finish up the face just contour and add blush! :)

Ta-da we are finally done with our face! I love the way my face looks and I hope you like it too. Just because you have an oily face doesn't mean you can't look like a movie star, now go out there and show off your beauty to the world!! I love you guys and don't forget to check out my video to actually see how I do my foundation routine. So, until next time have a fanta-bulous day. Now for more pictures!!!



xoxo,
 Tori


No comments:

Post a Comment