Thursday, April 18, 2013

Milani Color Statement Lipstick


Almost every Beauty Vlogger and Blogger has been talking about the new Milani Color Statement Lipsticks. After hearing nothing but good things I decided to try them out myself. I had originally went to HEB since they carry Milani products but that have not yet received the new shipment so I ended up getting mine from walmart.

They were almost out of every shade! So with the limited choices I decided to get Hot Pink Rage since I absolutely love hot pinks lipstick. Also it has a matte finish and is the only pink in this collection that dries to this finish. The lipstick cost $4.49 which is a dollar cheaper than most places.



This is what Milani says about these lipsticks:

Make a statement without saying a word!  True Instant Color. One stroke, full coverage application. This next generation lipstick gives the ultimate in color, texture and finish. The lightweight creamy formula contains Vitamins A, C, & E to moisturize and nourish lips. Paraben-free. Available in Vinyl, Metallic, Cream, Shimmer, Pearl & Matte finish.

 

This color you can expect great pigmentation in just one swipe! 


Since the lipstick has a matte finish it does unfortunately dry out your lips. It feels kind of uncomfortable but not so much to where it bothers me. As it fades the color will settle into your lines and it looks horrible. I would not recommend this lipstick if your lips are dry. You do need to exfoliate your lip to allow this product to glide on smoothly and look perfect.  

The staying power in my opinion is okay it lasts at most with me 4-6 hours. I usually do line my lips with a lip liner before applying this lipstick. And once it has faded it'll leave a stain on your lips which I like since there is still a bit of color on my lips. 

I am absolutely going to try different shades. If you bought a color statement lipstick I would like to know what color you have? How do you feel about the lipstick? Let me know in the comments below. Have a wonderful day! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment