Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Dramatic Tropical Rainbow

Hello my lovely angels! I'm finally back with a dramatic colorful tutorial that is pretty darn perfect for summer. I was just playing around with my makeup and came up with this! I had so much fun doing this and I hope you enjoy!

Products used on the eyes:
  • NYX Eyeshdow Base in Skin Tone
  • NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
  • BH Cosmetics 88 Matte Palette (Yellow, Green, Light Blue, Blue, & Purple)
  • NYX Singel Eyeshadow in Mellow Yellow
  • 8 Bit Cosmetics Kinght in Shining Kelvar
  • Wet NWild Black Eyerliner Pencil
  • Santee Pallete: White
  • Elf Makeup Lock & Seal
  • Elf Duo Mascra
Products used for the face:
  • Hard Candy Perfecting Primer
  • Elf Tinted Moisturizer in Sand
  • Rimmel London Hide the Blemish Concealer in 001Ivory
  • Cover Girl Professional Translucent Powder in 115 Translucent Medium
  • Color Workshop Palette (Bronzer and peach blush)
  • Maybelline Loose Powder in 01 Light (Highlight)
Products Used for the lips:
  • Wet n Wild Lipstick in Barely There
  • Elf lip gloss in Sugar Cookie
Brushes Used:
  • Elf Eyeshadow Brush
  • Elf crease brush
  • SOHO Blending Brush
  • SOHO Angled Liner Brush
  • Elf Stippling/Blending Brush
  • Color Workshop Contour brush
  • Color workshop blush brush
Get The Look:
  • Apply your face primer before you start to apply your eye-shadow primer that way it would have sunken into your skin and your will be ready for you to apply your foundation. 
  • Apply an eyeshadow primer or if you don't have one apply a concealer and go over it with a bit of powder.
  • I applied a white base all over my lid..
  • So to start off with the eyeshadow I applied a yellow shadow in the inner corner, then a green next to that blending into the yellow, a light blue next to the green blending into the green , a blue next the light blue blending into the light blue and finally a purple in the outer corner blending into the blue.
  • I went over the yellow with NYX's Mellow Yellow to make it more vibrant.
  • Using my SOHO Blending Brush I blended all the colors for a seamless transition.
  • Now apply a highlight under the brows. I used a white eyeshadow.
  • Now for the fun/difficult part. I used a loose black eyeshadow from 8 Bit Cosmetics and my elf makeup lock and seal to create a "liquid" eyeliner. I lined my top lid and winged it out and followed the curve of the colors and went about 2/3 of the way. Then whatever is left over line under your lower lash line.
  • Now line your waterline with a black eyeliner, and then add some mascara. 
  • Using a stippling brush apply your foundation to your face.Blend it in and remember to put some on your neck. Next apply a powder to set in your foundation. For this I used the stippling brush.
  • Taking a contour brush and elf bronzing powder begin to contour your face, place it at the hollows of your cheek, temples, both sides of your nose (optional) and along your jawline. This of course if optional and it will make your face appear slimmer.
  • Now using your blush brush begin to apply a peach blush to the apples of your cheeks. 
  • For the lips I applied a nude lipstick and went over it with a light pink gloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment